View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Kwiebe
Exclusive
Exclusive

Managing : my weight through strict dieting and regular footballing

Career Goals : 12538

PostOut To Prove Austria Can Do More Than Classical Music, Skiiing And Coffee

Founded in 1922, Sportvereinigung Mattersburg are a Austrian club currently playing in the Austrian Premier Division. The club play their home games at Pappelstadion and possess adequate training facilities and an adequate youth setup. The club also possess a youth academy and a fairly basic youth recruitment network. The club is affectionately known as Mattersburger and retains a fierce rivalry with ASV Neufeld.
As a club which enjoyed its best spell of success during the 2000s and their last competition win coming as recently as 2003, Mattersburger are a club with a growing history. SV Mattersburg finished runners-up in the Austrian FA Cup in 2006 and 2007, won the Austrian 2nd tier for the only time in 2003, won the Austrian 3rd tier for the only time in 2000 and finished runners-up on two occasions, and won the Austrian 4th tier in 1953 and 1956.

Wiebe Takes Charge At SV Mattersburg
In what may be seen as a surprise appointment, the SV Mattersburg board have named a virtually unknown Canadian manager as their new boss.
Keegan Wiebe, who turns twenty-six next birthday, was introduced to fans and journalists alike at Pappelstadion this morning.

The purpose of this thread?
This is where I will be updating you with my career in Austria, probably with pre-season, mid-season and end-of-season updates. I may add in the odd update if something important happens in between though.

Actively comment, ask for screenshots, watch me hopefully succeed and not fail out.... do whatever! Auf Wiedersehen!
Back to top Go down
Share this post on: Excite BookmarksDiggRedditDel.icio.usGoogleLiveSlashdotNetscapeTechnoratiStumbleUponNewsvineFurlYahooSmarking

Out To Prove Austria Can Do More Than Classical Music, Skiiing And Coffee :: Comments

Preseason Update 2010
Alright well, my first preseason with SV Mattersburg has begun. I started off with a decent squad, but probably mid-table at best. My goal is to add some bargain or free players to hopefully bolster the squad up to an upper-half team. I'm not being given very much room to work in regards to my staff, with only two coaches being allowed. I intend to bring on 6 scouts which I appreciate, but I will probably only add another couple in addition to my one current scout. Hopefully I can pull off some magic this off-season. If not, hey thats what a two year contract is for, right?
Team Report

Staff

If you get a decent Goalie and a couple of defenders you may cause a few surprises in the league there.

Good luck with this one.
Well, the preseason was fairly uneventful as far as transfers were concerned. I brought in several players for trials but wasn't impressed enough with any of their performances, so there have been no signings as of yet.

I chose to have my assistant oversee the friendlies and it showed. There were some questionable choices in the squad and that showed in the results. Things were not looking fantastic.

I just played the first league match for our young squad and we managed a 2-2 tie against a tough side from FK Austria Wien. Wien went down a man after a red card was handed out in the 55th minute and we managed to capitalize to take our second lead of the game. Unfortunately their free-kick experty capitalized on a missed dive by one of their strikers and knocked one in off the crossbar from a distance.

This was the first goal just 7 minutes into the game. Very Happy

More coming soon!
Nice result and goal Smile
Great stuff Kwiebe, this looks like it's going to be a great story - good luck and keep up the good work.
Toronto and Mattersburg? Hey, that's some cv you're building up there, kwiebers.

I love the youtube clips, must find out how you do that. Great goal too, wonderful throughball to the striker.

Austria's a good place to manage, although I went for Salzburg, and did quite well, but I remember Mattersburg being one of the smaller clubs.

Wasn't that a song by Joe Dolce????

What's a-Mattersburg

Out To Prove Austria Can Do More Than Classical Music, Skiiing And Coffee

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 

Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
PimpmyFM :: Storybook-
Jump to:  
Designed by Vic Posher
Copyright © 2013 FMReporter.com All rights reserved.Create a forum on Forumotion | © phpBB | Free forum support | Contact | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com