Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
I Vanquiish I
First Team
First Team

Managing : To Restrain Myself From Groping Mathew Leckie

Career Goals : 13151

PostFMR Premier League game

A few members so far including Me, Dan and Pringers have all started a Premiership game as different teams. Me - Sunderland, Dan - Villa and Pringers - Birmingham are all going to use this thread to post updates on our games such as transfers and results. If you want to take part just say and you can use this thread to. If you want to join maybe try going as a different team to us and we could try to get a full premiership league.

Dan - Aston Villa
I Vanquiish I - Sunderland, West Ham
Pringers - Birmingham, Wigan, West Brom
Niko - Fulham, Liverpool
Berry - Newcastle United
Posh - West Brom
Narl - Blackpool
Monkey - Everton
FMGeek - Bolton

Last edited by I Vanquiish I on 2011-01-10, 16:02; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Share this post on: Excite BookmarksDiggRedditDel.icio.usGoogleLiveSlashdotNetscapeTechnoratiStumbleUponNewsvineFurlYahooSmarking

FMR Premier League game :: Comments

Re: FMR Premier League game
Post on 2010-12-22, 23:58 by Posh
Not content with the squad I decided on another GK, I just couldn't bear the thought of actually having to play Scott Carson in goal.

Scott Carson as a youngster

So I got Calero and a Conditional WP for him. A little older but what a Goalie Smile

Post on 2010-12-23, 00:10 by Pringers
Seems a great find to be honest Posh - should do the job for a year or two Smile
WBA into Europe
Post on 2011-01-02, 01:06 by Posh
I have accomplished two goals with this win, first is to get WBA into Europe, the second was to win the League Cup for the very first time in FM.

Still 7th in the League and in the FA Cup.

I probably wont get much higher in the League as I am a fair few points behind the top teams, but a few slip ups by Man City and I could go 6th.
Post on 2011-01-02, 01:18 by Jelly
Great stuff Posh, May have to add my own entry to this Wink
Post on 2011-01-02, 01:21 by Pringers
Excellent stuff, Posh.

I hope you can build on a fantastic season at the Baggies!
Post on 2011-01-04, 02:48 by Posh
Well the season is over, couldn't quite catch Man City and lost to them 0-1 in WBA's last home game of the season.

And the Baggies march into Europe by way of the League Cup win and also a 7th place finish.

A brilliant second half to the season where the team really played well together, playing with a rotation of lone strikers. Ismael Miller, Macheda & Kherzakov.

Santa Cruz's loan ended in January and he returned to Man City and then was sold to Man U.

I have been unable to purchase Macheda from Man U so I may have to look for a new striker for next season.

Calero played an amazing season in Goal, would highly recommend him for any EPL team even though he turned 40 during the season.

Rodrigo Brana stepped right into the "Maschereno" role for WBA and that really made the difference in the second half of the season.

Park Ji-Sung had a good season but wants to leave so I will let him go.

Both of my DC's are a little on the slow side, Radoi and Olsson so I may be in the market for a speedy DC.

It won't be a clear out of the squad by any means but will have to kick it up a notch for Europe.
Post on 2011-01-04, 03:12 by I Vanquiish I
Great Season there Posh. Not catching City and finishing 7th is still an achievment and getting into europe thats even better. Well Done Very Happy
Post on 2011-01-04, 13:09 by Pringers
Great season there Posh, congratulations on the Carling Cup win, and the great league finish. Shame to hear about Santa Cruz, and Macheda but I'm sure you could attract some great players in the transfer window.
Post on 2011-01-05, 17:08 by Niko
Awsome stuff Posh Smile great finish in the league i think you can push harder next season and maybe get one or two places higher Smile depending on your transfers Smile
Post on 2011-01-05, 18:31 by Narl
Brilliant season Posh. 7th and the League Cup after promotion from the Championship, truly awesome mate Smile

Hope you can sort out the issues with your squad and that money from the Europa League won't do any harm either!
Post on 2011-01-05, 20:12 by Posh
Having to keep an eye on my HG rule for Europe,
I am still wheeling and dealing in the Transfer Market.

So far

In :-

(DC) Samba from Blackburn
(RB) Parshivlyuk from Spartak Moscow
(GK) Sirigu from Palermo

I am still needing a Striker as Man U won't let Macheda leave and Miller is out for at least 4 more months with a broken leg.

I will probably have to go with an HG striker to keep mu numbers good so any suggestions are welcome.
Post on 2011-01-05, 20:19 by Pringers
Some nice signings there Posh, especially Sirigu from Palermo Smile.

Hmmm...I'll have to have a think regarding the striker, as any names have escaped me at the moment.
Post on 2011-01-05, 20:24 by Niko
have you checked the freebees? i know Dzeko goes after the first season Razz haha ambitious but you never know lol.

Good signings so far

How much money have you got to spend?
Post on 2011-01-05, 20:40 by FMGeek
Zavon Hines or Nouble
Post on 2011-01-05, 20:54 by Posh
@Niko wrote:
have you checked the freebees? i know Dzeko goes after the first season Razz haha ambitious but you never know lol.

Good signings so far

How much money have you got to spend?

Not much in the Freebies, except for Crespo, he may be a good backup choice for a season though.

Dzeko is at Wolfsburg until 2013.

I have 10.5M left in the kitty to spend.
Post on 2011-01-05, 20:54 by Pringers
And, make sure you look at who's on the transfer list and on the loan list, have picked up some amazing bargains on there!
Post on 2011-01-05, 20:55 by Posh
@FMGeek wrote:
Zavon Hines or Nouble

Need a little more top notch than them mate, but thanks.
Post on 2011-01-06, 03:39 by Posh
So after spending a long time looking for a back up/rotation striker I settled on
Danny Koevermans, he was on a freebie and still has some great attributes. His salary requirement was perfect too.

I noticed that Maurice Edu was unhappy and available at Rangers so I took advantage of that, his salary is at the top end of my players but I think he will be worth it as he is still young.

Then after all that Man U finally let Macheda out on loan again so I have him back on a season long loan.

Finally, my youth intake was announced, don't you just love regens Smile

Post on 2011-01-06, 12:29 by Niko
Some nice signings there Posh you should do quite well next season Very Happy
Post on 2011-01-06, 14:53 by Narl
Great way to finish off the transfer window Posh Smile Really good signings and hopefully they'll work wonders in Europe and of course in the league. It's amazing that in your 2nd season you're trying to improve on 7th place! Good luck mate and I'm sure you'll do really well once again!

Oh, and nice work wrenching Macheda away from United. Very Happy
Post on 2011-01-06, 19:56 by Pringers
Some great signings there, Posh.

Keep up the excellent work, and let's get the Baggies climbing the table!
Post on 2011-01-07, 00:00 by Posh
After asking the board for more coaches I re-evaluated the staff and decided that I need a new Assistant Manager and just couldn't pass up Neeskens.

Now everybody has been offering me players, I could have had most of Man City's team if I could afford the salaries.

But an interesting one was offered and I took it.

First leg in Europe was a very nice 3-0 win away at Celik so the home game should be comfortable for the players and maybe I will experiment a little with the formation.
Post on 2011-01-10, 16:26 by I Vanquiish I
Well i started one as West Ham and after a very good 1st season signing Macheda (Loan), Delvin Ndinga (£3.4Mil), Boussoufa (£6Mill) in finished in a great 8th. I also won the carling cup meaning Europa League next season. Because of this i felt i needed to improve the team and after being given a budget of around £30Million Very Happy i went on a spending spree.

My Signings Are As Followed

Andy Carroll (ST) - After Newcastle where relegated he was offered out and i got the board to deal with it and he accepted reasonable terms ---- £6.25Million

Victor Obinna (ST/RW) - Obinna had a good season on loan last year and was brought back very cheaply --- £550K

Pavel Pogrebnyak (ST) - Pavel will add more height up top to compete with Carroll in a growing attack --- £2.7Million

Mario Balotelli (ST/RW) - After being transfer listed for about 3 months i thought i would not be able to get him but i scouted him and he wanted to come so i put a cheeky bid in and he joined --- £16.5Million

Marc Albrighton (RW) - He was loan listed and i noticed he was not needed so i enquired and they come back with a resonable price so he joined --- £6.5Million

Zoro (CB) - I needed to bolster at the back and he was released on free by Benfica so i snapped him up --- Free

Hamit Altintop (CM/RM/RWB/CDM) - This Versitile player is very good and will add expereince and had to be signed when he was released. --- Free

Mouhamadou Diarra (CM/CDM) - Diarra is experienced which will help in Europa and our long league campagin --- Free

David Goodwillie (ST) - He has been firering the goals in the SPL so its time he took a step up to the next level and the EPL --- £5Million

Ricardo (CB) - This Brazillian Regen choose me over madrid and with 16 tackling, 18 Heading, 17 Determination and other top stats already he will be one to look out for --- £2.5Million

Alexey Rudenok (CAM/ST) - He was more costly then i wanted but he had moved to Barcelona so i guess they wanted a profit --- £3 Million Up Front & £3 Million after 50 League Games

i also made it to Europa Group stage where i will play Valencia, Anderlecht & St Johnson
Post on 2011-01-10, 16:29 by Posh
Hope you remember the HG rules Smile
Post on 2011-01-10, 16:34 by I Vanquiish I
Yeah i managed to keep in there as most of my sellings where non english players so i just keeped in Very Happy
Post on 2011-01-10, 17:43 by Pringers
Wow, some great signings there Tom. Keep up the good work.
Post on 2011-01-10, 17:49 by Niko
Nice signings late maybe over paying for the last one though Razz
Post on 2011-01-10, 18:02 by I Vanquiish I
@Pringers wrote:
Wow, some great signings there Tom. Keep up the good work.

Cheers Pringers

@Niko wrote:
Nice signings late maybe over paying for the last one though Razz

i was thinking that bit i realised i have only payed 3Million atm and i have just loaned him out and i might next season then i can play 49 games so like a season and a half with him and if he plays bad i can sell and maybe get a profit and if plays well in the games keep him and pay the extra 3 mil.
Post on 2011-01-10, 21:24 by Niko
yeah its not a bad idea but ive seen him go for around 500k on most of my games, but every game is different i hope he does turn out good for you Smile
Post on 2011-01-10, 21:25 by Pringers
He's currently at Braga on mine, and I'm in 2017.
Post on 2011-01-10, 21:46 by I Vanquiish I
@Niko wrote:
yeah its not a bad idea but ive seen him go for around 500k on most of my games, but every game is different i hope he does turn out good for you Smile

yeah you can usually get him cheaper when he is at BATE but he was at Barcelona and they always want a bit
Post on 2011-01-10, 22:05 by Niko
ahh right didnt realise that lol quite a good price then Razz
Post on 2011-01-10, 22:39 by Jelly
He's at bate for me in 2023 and just scored 5 goals in a game Smile He's my player and my lover alsho Smile <3
Post on 2011-01-11, 23:28 by I Vanquiish I
Players Brought In January

Eden Hazard - Lille - £20Million
Neto - Galatasaray - £9Million

I Am now in the 3rd season. Last year i finished 2nd in the league. Knockedt out of carling cup by Arsenal in Quaters. Won the FA Cup and lost to Braga in Europa. I needed to improve again as i was in the Champions League Group Stages.
Transfers In

Mohammed Aurier (CAM/ST - Regen) - Brought in from Hoffenheim and has lots of potential - £2.7Million

Nordine Gilles (CAM/LW - Regen) - He joins from a succesfull youth academy who produced some top french stars - £300K

Yaya Sanogo (ST) - a top young striker who most people should know about - £2.5Million

Jesus Marrero (CM - Regen) - Joins from Frankfurt and has good stats for 16 including 20 Determination - £3.4Million

Nick Draper (CB - Regen) - Joins from Rivals Man United and looks to become a good centre half - £2Million

Edward Lambert (ST - Regen) - Also joins from Man U and looks to become a top English Striker - £1.7Million

Mambe Wague (RM/RW - Regen) - Comes from Montpellier Herault SC and poses vast amounts of Pace - £2Million

James Milner (CM/RM/LM/RW/LW) - Comes from a big Man City squad and his expereince and vast amount of positions will help in the Champions League - £5Million Up Front & £5Million after 40 League Games

Edin Dzeko (ST) - Joins from Wolfsburg and will partner Ballotelli upfront and surley get some goals - £20Million

Sejad Salihovic (CM/CAM) - Another Bosnian this time from Hoffenheim and poses great stats - £5Million

Reinaldo (CB - Regen) - Joins from Botafogo and will go straight into the first team as Upson is getting on in years - £2Million

Francesco Martines (CDM/CM - Regen) - Comes from Bari and has some good potential - £2Million

Fabian Delph (CM) - Comes into an ageing Midfield and will grow into a great CM - £3.6Million
Post on 2011-01-11, 23:29 by Posh
Looking good there Smile
Post on 2011-01-11, 23:32 by Niko
Some nice signings there
Post on 2011-01-12, 11:00 by Pringers
Some great signings there Tommo, keep up the awesome work, and a league title may be beckoning the mighty Hammers.
Post on 2011-01-19, 03:02 by Posh
Catching up with my West Brom game, now in Feb 2012

We find WBA at the top of the league and have become the team to beat but the Baggies are knocking in goals from everywhere.

Kherzakov is truly magnificent in the lone striker role. Knocking in 22 league goals so far.

Second highest scorer for West Brom is Christopher Samba on 11, he's the corner man Smile

Still in the Euro Cup

Still in the FA Cup

And in the final of the League Cup again.

Looking like an amazing season for the Baggies !!
Post on 2011-01-19, 06:37 by LeedsUnitedAllTheWay
i dont understand this game but it looks cool Smile
Post on 2011-01-19, 10:39 by Niko
@LeedsUnitedAllTheWay wrote:
i dont understand this game but it looks cool Smile

You pick an English Premier League team to manage, tell us who your going to manage then update your game in this thread letting us know about any transfers, results or if you have decided to move on from the club to another.
Post on 2011-01-19, 11:28 by LeedsUnitedAllTheWay
Oh iv got you. I would'nt mind having a go at like Sunderland or something like that when the patch after the transfers comes out...
Post on 2011-01-19, 11:36 by Niko
Well we have our own Patches coming out as soon as the transfer window is closed Smile we have one which has the players at there clubs now, and one which is set up in future transfers
Post on 2011-01-19, 11:41 by LeedsUnitedAllTheWay
Thats so farking cool :O
Post on 2011-01-19, 12:24 by Pringers
Excellent update there Posh. You've got a cracking tie in the Europa League too, which should see you progress to the next round. Good luck mate Smile
Post on 2011-01-20, 01:47 by Posh
West Brom retain the League Cup and ensure that they will be in Europe again next season.

Actually this was a more exciting game than the scoreline suggests.
Lots of penalty calls that were dismissed by Mr Webb the ref.

I played 4-1-4-1 Counter in this one and it paid off.

Post on 2011-01-20, 09:56 by Pringers
Wow, great result mate, another season in Europe too. Really cracking stuff, well done Smile.
Post on 2011-01-20, 10:27 by Niko
What a result there Posh great to see your in Europe again next season Smile
Post on 2011-01-20, 14:25 by Narl
@Posh wrote:
West Brom retain the League Cup and ensure that they will be in Europe again next season.

Actually this was a more exciting game than the scoreline suggests.
Lots of penalty calls that were dismissed by Mr Webb the ref.

I played 4-1-4-1 Counter in this one and it paid off.

Brilliant stuff again Posh. European football = more revenue and better players, nice one mate Very Happy

Looking forward to another season with the Posh in charge of West Brom. Good luck Smile
Post on 2011-01-26, 04:09 by Posh
Winding down the season and Liverpool finally slip up, at home to Chelsea losing 1-0.

Surely I am in with a chance now?

Liverpool's remaining games are:-

Man U (H)
Arsenal (A)
West Brom (H)
Chelsea (A)

The Liverpool V West Brom game could be the clincher for the title.

On the European front, The Baggies put up a good fight but couldn't overcome Porto and went out in the Quarter Finals.

Still on for a treble though, having already won the League Cup and still in the FA Cup with a great chance of winning it considering the teams left in.

This could be the most exciting season in West Brom's history !!!
Post on 2011-01-26, 10:48 by Pringers
Amazing work here Posh. You've done a really impressive job at West Brom, you've turned them from newcomers to title challengers to two seasons! Really great stuff.
Post  by Sponsored content

FMR Premier League game

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 

Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
PimpmyFM :: Storybook-
Jump to:  
Designed by Vic Posher
Copyright © 2013 FMReporter.com All rights reserved.Free forum hosting  | © phpBB | Free forum support | Contact | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com