Administrator

Managing : Celtic

Career Goals : 14115

Post“You’ll never walk alone”

photo ynwa-1.png
“You’ll never walk alone”
McKay takes in demand Celtic job
 photo memanager-2.png
Today Peter Lawell called a press conference at Celtic park to unveil John McKay as the new manager of Celtic football club. 
McKay is a rookie manager who jumped at the chance to for fill his dream to lead his beloved Bhoys to glory. The press conference was stowed out with reporters to get a glimpse and be first to fire questions at the new boss . Lawell introduced McKay to the waiting media and McKay dually gave them plenty to report,  Mckay started by  saying “This is an opportunity that not every Celtic fan  will ever get but I only have Mr Lawell and Mr  Desmond to thank for this opportunity for having faith and for seeing my ambition for the club which matches theirs  also my family who have made a big move to support my career in Glasgow.”  The “Sun” asked what changes if any would he make around the club? McKay response was “This club has an established back room staff here Johan will remain my assistant and all the coaching staff scouts shall stay What’s the point of changing something that has made this club what it has become up until now we are all on the same page with our ambition and way forward” he also said he will bring in Neil Lennon as a first team coach and fans favourite Ľubomír Moravčík as a youth coach to join John Kennedy, Chris McCart and Steven Frail.” Both Neil and Lubo have a wealth of knowledge in the game and share my love for Celtic and of course the amazing Celtic support or as I say family.” Also due to pen in deals are Styllian Petrov as a u19 coach and Colin Meldrum as a u19 goal keeping coach. He also said “This was down to Mr Lawell and his great work to fund and bring the lads in for me”
The Daily Record asked McKay “what do you make of the squad you have inherited? Will there be changes?” Mckay responded to the delight of the players no doubt “I’m delighted at the squad I have at my disposal I want to let the fans know I’ll do everything in my power to keep this squad together! As for your next question will you strengthen the squad? Then yes I will I have a few targets which ill run by my staff  and of course the chief executive and directors. It’s going to be about not only strengthening the squad but adding even more depth, some players have left like Paddy McCort ,Lassad,Rogne and Miku and Gershon’s loans expired and also the loss of Gary Hooper and vic wyanayamma over the summer so we will bring players that will improve what we have lost. It’s not only about players we will bring in but to break in the youth players who are of a very high standard thanks to our club having a very  established youth setup and excellent facilities at Lennoxtown ”
The Glasgow Evening Times asked about thoughts on preseason. “ I can’t wait to get on the training ground when the lads get back from holiday and get into it. We have a preseason tour of Germany with four games and a game down at Brentford then after Champions league qualifier then the spl start and then to Dublin for the glamor Dublin Decider against Liverpool I cannot wait to start!” was McKays reply.
Transfers thick and fast.
McKay has not hung around in the transfer market he was quoted saying “Best to get this sort of business out of the way as early as possible to let the new lads blend in with the current squad and have time some game time to adjust to our way of play taking advantage of our friendlies before the Champions league qualifiers.”  The new faces are experienced center Forward Robbie Keane who takes  the famous number 7 shirt, Alexander Buttner from Manchester united as cover on the left and compition for Izaguirre leaving Charlie Mulgrew free for a more central roll. Holmbert Fridjonsson also comes  in on a free as a prospect for the future
Celtic Squad 20013/14
1.Frazer Forster
2.Adam Mathews
3. Eilimo Izaguirre
4.Efe Ambrose
5.Virgil
6.Nir Britton
7.Robbie Keane
8.Scott Brown ©
9.Georgous Samaras
10.Anthony Stokes
11.Drek Boerrighter
14.Mo Bangura (loan to Elsbourg)
15.Kris Commons
16.Joe Ledley (vc)
17. Amido Balde
18. Tom Rogic
19. Holmbert Fridjonsson
20. Temmu Pukki
21. Charlie Mulgrew
22.Steven Mouyokolo
23.Mikel Lustig
24. Zaulus Zaluska
28. Alexander Buttner
31.John Herron
32.Tony Watt (Loan to Liges)
33.Beriam Kayal
34. Eioghan O’Connell
35.Stewart Findlay
36. Jackson Irvine (loan to Kilmarnock)
37. Bahrudin Atajic
38.Leo Fasan
41.Darnell Fisher
42.Calum McGregor (Loan to Notts County)
43.Joe Chalmers
44.Marcus Frazer
45.Lewis Toshney
46.Dylan McGeough
49.James Forest
50.Paul George
52.Micky Millar
53.Liam Henderson
54. Jamie Lyndsey
56.Filip Twardzik
58. Patrik Twardzik (loan at Livingston)
59.Calum Walters
65.Lewis Kidd
83.Ross Madden (loan at Derry City)
Paddy McNally(loan at Cliftonville)
 Max Oberschmidt (On loan fron Fulham)

McKay, Mjalby, McCart and Lennon at the Lenoxtown Training ground looking over the squad and new additions.
 photo staffme.png

Last edited by Stiliyain Petrov on 2014-01-03, 23:22; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Share this post on: diggdeliciousredditstumbleuponslashdotyahoogooglelive

“You’ll never walk alone” :: Comments

Re: “You’ll never walk alone”
Post on 2013-11-21, 21:15 by Stiliyain Petrov
Transfers so far
 photo Celtic_TransfersTransferHistory.png
Staff list
 photo Celtic_StaffMembers.png
Post on 2014-01-03, 22:42 by Stiliyain Petrov
So transfer window closed i spent all my budget and delighted with what ive done and ive kept my squad together bar some loan moves out i had lots of offers for my youth loans but held back due to the youth champions league i feel they will gain invaluable experience McKay was quoted. McKay told Sky Sports News Robbie has hit the ground running with his partnership with Temmu great to see, Alexander has performed well and fighting it out with Elimo for left back. Holmbert is still young but havs shown glimpses of brilliants hence why we brought him in. Jordan Larsson came highly recommended by his father and is very young yet and will be a boost for John Kennedy who will have him and Alan Forrest for the Youth Champions League. We will also watch the lads who have breifly left on loan and see how they get on with the view of them coming back better players.
Asked if that included Mohamed Bangura  by the Scottish sun McKay replied Mo is still under contract here but im disappointed with the situation with him playing against us we will cross that bridge when we come to it.  

The fixtures so far

To say im delighted with the start to the season would be an understatement great work in league and an easy game in the League cup against Brehin
Same cant be said for the Group were in in the Champions league .....

McKay has been told theres no preshuar by the board to get any thing out of this group but he has bee quoated on Celtic tv saying were not going to play to lose!!! so what do we make of that???
Post  by Sponsored content

“You’ll never walk alone”

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 

Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
PimpmyFM :: Storybook-
Jump to:  
Designed by Vic Posher
Copyright © 2013 FMReporter.com All rights reserved.Forumotion.com | © phpBB | Free forum support | Contact | Report an abuse | Free forum