AuthorMessage
Niko
Inactive
Inactive

Managing : Newport County

Career Goals : 14234

PostThe Revival

BREAKING NEWS FROM ITALY

Gianni De Biasi has been sacked by Udinese.

Franco Soldati chairmen of Udinese has moved swiftly to replace him, with inexperienced manager Nicholas Webb from Caerphilly in Wales.

Soldati stated that after a very disappointing 15th in Serie A last year a change in Manager was needed and a youthful manager was the way forward.

History behind Webb

Nicholas Webb is a young manager from a very small town in Wales called Caerphilly, which is famous for their Caerphilly Cheese, but certainly not there football.

Webb has apparently had a keen interest in Football for many years with his playing Career and managing career looking like the following:

• Ex co-owner/co-Manager of Caerphilly Wanders
• Ex co-captain of Caerphilly Wanders
• Ex player of Caerphilly Cavaliers

“It is well known that Udinese have been on a down fall of recent years, with a lot of our best players being sold off for profit and very little investment being given to the club. You don’t go from a consistently 7/8th place team to a 15th spot team over night. This is a team which needs rebuilding and Webb is the man to take us forward.” This was the message from the spokesman for the fan of Udinese

This is what Manager Nicholas Webb said to the fans today who came to greet him before the press conference:

“It’s a real joy to have the chance to come to a club like Udinese to start off my professional managerial career it was a shock to me to get the call asking me to come here. I was trying to get a job in Wales and the lower leagues in England never did I expect a team from Serie A would come knocking at my door.

Udinese have a strong history and I hope I can add to that, recently they have hit a down fall and some key players have left the squad, but the squad we have here are more than capable of playing to a high standard and getting us up the top end of the league this year as long as their best and play and try as hard as they possibly can”

Now From the press room

Question from Skysports.com

How do you feel about becoming the latest manager at Udinese?

“It’s an honour to be here and I hope I can reply the board’s faith in me by appointing me manager here.”

Question from Alto Adige

Have you had time to think about any possible staff changes?

“Well I’ve been here for a day so far, I’ve sat down talked to the staff which are very fluent in English which was a surprise to me. They all seem very friendly and i have monitored them in training how they carry out their jobs, at the moment no staff changes will be made no. “

Question from Corriere della Sera

What can we expect from you in the transfer market?

“We need a left wingers, that is for sure I’ve looked at the squad I know who the key players are here and I know the formation I want to play, the only thing we really need is a left winger.”

Question from Gazzetta dello Sport

Do you have any transfer targets in mind?

“Well we have excellent scouts here who will be sent out to monitor quite a few players, I shall not give away any names as of yet. Speculation only does more damage than good. “

Question from L'Arena

Where do you think you will finish this season?

“Serie A is one of the best leagues in the world with so many world class teams, it is very hard to predict where you want to finish in the league. Obviously i want to finish in a European spot, but is that possible? Well only time will tell. The board are expecting a mid table finish from the current team. I believe we can at least get into the top half.”

Question from Skysports.com

Reports from England today suggest that Chelsea are currently after Alexis Sanchez and Arsenal are after Antonio Di Natale what do you make of these?

“Well as I have said i have only been here one day so far, I have had no offers for any of my players that I know of. I do not wish to sell either of the pair, but if they wish to leave then they can come and talk to me about it. I will obviously try and convince them to stay but if it’s out of my hands, then Chelsea and Arsenal will have to make a ridiculous offer for me even to think about agreeing to sell two of our best players”

Tune in to the next update where we will be coming at you from the end of the transfer market and the first games in August, Including a reseason round up.

Back to top Go down
Share this post on: Excite BookmarksDiggRedditDel.icio.usGoogleLiveSlashdotNetscapeTechnoratiStumbleUponNewsvineFurlYahooSmarking

The Revival :: Comments

Re: The Revival
Post on 2011-01-19, 16:37 by Berry
Nice start here, good luck with Udinese & managing in Italy man.

Cashing in on Sanchez or keeping?
Post on 2011-01-19, 16:44 by Jelly
Good start here Niko and all the best of luck with Udinese Smile GL & KIU!
Post on 2011-01-19, 16:45 by Pringers
Interesting start here Nik, good luck and keep up the good work!
Post on 2011-01-19, 16:48 by Narl
Great introduction into this story Niko, I enjoyed reading it Very Happy

Glad to see that you're not letting any clubs sniff around your best players, you'll need them to exceed the board's expectations and get into the top half.

I don't think I've seen a story from Italy before, so that's a nice touch as well.

Keep it up mate, and good luck with Udinese Very Happy
Post on 2011-01-19, 20:13 by Niko
Season Objectives

• Top 7 in the league (get into Europe) - Medias Prediction 14th
• Build a fortress at home
• First round of the Italian Cup

Pre Season round up

As you can see it’s been a very promising preseason, unbeaten and only conceding one goal.

Pre-season Stats

Top Goal Scorer – Antonio Di Natale (3 goals)
Most assists – Alexis Sanchez (4 assists)
Most man of the matches – Antonio Di Natale (3 matches)
Worst Discipline – Cristian Zapata (2sendings off)

Signings

Rafael on loan from Manchester United – fee paid £725k

Manager’s comments

"Rafael is an explosive full back from Manchester United, who has a very positive future in front of him, here at Udinese we hope we can develop him into the player he can be by giving him first team football, in one of the most talented leagues in the world. "

Macheda on loan from Manchester United – fee paid £725k

Manager’s comments

"Macheda is one of Europe’s hottest young talents, coming here from Manchester United for the season will help him develop his career and also help us win more and more matches. He’s a talented lad who always tries his best and is hungry for goals, exactly what we need at this club right now. "

Arnold Mvuemba from Lorient – fee paid £2.6m

Manager’s comments:

"Mvuemba is a talented holding midfielder who has impressed at teams such as Portsmouth, we were looking into him and scouted many of his preseason matches to look if he had lost any of that fire I once saw in him, he surely hasn’t as we wouldn’t have signed him if he did. He should turn out to be a key player this season, but will really need to prove himself to get into the first team. "

Lucas from Sao Paulo– fee paid 3.6million

Manager’s Comments

[/i]“Lucas is from Sao Paulo, we really done our homework on this lad, scouted a few games and watched many hours of videos from his play last season. We feel as if he is going to be one of the best Brazilians for many years. He should fit straight into our first team and im sure he can bring us great success this season. “[/i]

Major Signing of the window for Udinese:

Thiago Neves from Al-Hilal – fee paid £5.25million

Manager’s comments:

“Thiago is a fantastic player and for 5 million he is a real bargain. He will no doubt be a key player this season, he can play right the way through midfield and this lad really wants to play and do well. I excited to see him play for us he has given the full squad a massive boost from him.”

Press conference:

Are you pleased with your current signings?

“Our signings have been well thought through and I feel we have got the best for our money I am very happy indeed. “

Lucas is very young at only 17 will we see him going out on loan?

“No you certainly will not, he has been brought in to be in the first team, he is a very talented lad but he’s still down to earth he knows he will have train very hard to improve and he does that every day in training.”

How confident are you about the coming season?

“After watching the lads in training they are full of confidence they are enjoying playing the game, and when you enjoy playing you play even better. With this in mind I think we will go into every game expecting a win.”

Your first game of the season is against AC Milan how do you feel about this?

“Obviously Ac Milan have built a great squad in the summer with Ibrahimovic and Robinho coming in. We will stick to our game plan, get our heads down try our best and hopefully we will come out with a result.”

First game of the season AC Milan Away from home

Udinese’s manager Nicholas Webb’s first official match in charge of Udinese and could it be much bigger? The Face of Serie A at the San Siro itself!
Here is what the gaffer had to say about it

“I’m thrilled to be here for my first game, i wish my first game could have been at Stadio Friuli, but the fixture list wasn’t that nice to us. This is obviously the next best thing though, my team are up for it and a shock result will really kick start our season. We don’t go anywhere to lose and we will come here to the San Siro and take the game to Milan.”

First chance in this game came to Milan with Pirlo picking the ball up in the middle of the park, and dipping it into the box where Ibrahimovic smashes it......straight over the bar.

Udinese stepped up from here and took the game to Milan, the first real chance came in the 20th minute, Inler spread the ball wide to Neves who ran straight past Zambrotta and down the line, but Zambrottas old legs brought him back but then took Neves out.

Udinese will the free kick from the wing, Neves stepped up to take it floated one over the keepers head and Zapata ran into it to power Udinese into a one nil lead.
Nothing else really happened until the 44th minute when Di Natale ran into the box Thiago Silva takes him, Penalty has to be, no the ref waves play on the players are going mental, the fans are chanting at the ref. How was that not a penalty?

Second half and Milan escaped a penalty in the first half how will that effect them, onward they came on the attack, first real attack by Milan came in the 50th minute
Pirlo passed it to Robinho who skipped inside the defender passes it back straight to Gattuso who slipped it past the Goalie easily.
A lot of pressure coming for AC Milan now, Udinese stuck in their own half, but then a counter attack started by Zapata out to Sanchez who swapped the wing to Neves. Who then seems to fall over the ball and the attacks over.

Milan Pressing again an attack with Robinho who skips past the defence yet again this time he goes down to a challenge from behind by Zapata. Zapata starts walking away as Handanovic picks up the ball, but the whistle goes the ref calls Zapata over he can’t believe it, he’s seeing red and he’s gone. Penalty! Udinese can’t believe it they were denied a certain penalty in the first half now theyve given away a controversial penalty!

Pirlo steps up....... SAVED Handanovic gets both hands to it and keeps Udinese in the game.

AC Milan Press looking for the winning goal, but Udinese’s defence is standing firm.

Udinese Rafael starts and attack skipping past Pirlo, who then turns and sticks out a foot Rafael goes down, this looks bad the Physio is coming on, and Rafael is being taken off Udinese are down to 9men for the last 5 minutes of the match including injury time.

The ref blows up it ends a 1-1 draw. Udinese should be happy with this but how badly will they take the Referring decisions tonight?

This is what the manager had to say of the match

“It was a very good effort from the team, it was a very tight game where either side could have won, he played an amazing defensive game today standing strong against the Milan attack. We were very unlucky down to two decision not getting the penalty in the first half and the Zapata getting sent off in the second and giving away a penalty. Both decisions were terrible in my mind shocking display by the referee.”

Webb has since been warned by the FA for his comments.
Post on 2011-01-19, 20:27 by Narl
Great pre-season Niko, I loved all of your signings, especially Rafael and Macheda, those 2 are some talented guys. Really unlucky result against AC Milan, considering you deserved to win, and the only reason you've lost is because of bad refereeing. I can't tell you how unfair that is, seriously mate. In preparation for your further matches though, that's a fantastic result as it will spur the team forward to get their revenge.

Good luck mate, and great stuff once again Smile
Post on 2011-01-19, 22:29 by Pringers
Excellent stuff Niko, enjoying reading this Smile Keep up the good work!
Post on 2011-01-20, 20:09 by I Vanquiish I
great start here Niko keep it up
Post on 2011-01-20, 20:49 by Berry
Great start Niko, very good signings for your side and that's an impressive result away at the San Siro, can't imagine that being an easy place to go and try and get a result in the intimidating Milan arena. But you pulled it off and I wish you the best for the rest of the season and beyond =]
Post  by Sponsored content

The Revival

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 

Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
PimpmyFM :: Storybook-
Jump to:  
Designed by Vic Posher
Copyright © 2013 FMReporter.com All rights reserved.Free forum | © phpBB | Free forum support | Contact | Report an abuse | Free forum