View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Dan
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Managing : The Claret and Blues

Career Goals : 13018

PostA Ligue One Story

I've never actually managed in Ligue One, so this is a nice opportunity to get used to it and maybe learn about the teams, players and the history. Like Tom has done, and after seeing this on another forum, I'd planned to start a game in the Premiership managing all 20 teams, but he'd beat me to it. So, I've decided to start it in Ligue One in France.

The Fight For The Title

The 2009/10 saw Marseille lift the title for the 9th time and the first since the 1991/92 season. On the other hand, defending champions Bordeaux finished in a measly six. This proves that the league is very un-predictable and extremely challenging, so this season could see any strong enough team claim the top spot. Second-placed Olympique Lyonnais have brought in tenacious Midfielder Yoann Gourcuff in hopes of pipping other to the title.

The Battle Against Relegation

At the other end of the table Le Mans, Boulogne and Grenoble waved Ligue One goodbye as they were relegated and replaced by Arles, Caen and Brest, who will do their best to make sure they stay in the top tier. They will be joined by teams such as Brest and Nice in the relegation battle, which we hope will be a close affair.

Predicted Table

1 - Lyon
2 -Marseille
3 - Lille
4 - Bordeaux
5 - Monaco
6 - Auxerre
7 - Montpellier
8- Rennais
9 - Lorient
10 - Rennes
11 - PSG
12 - Toulouse
13 - Valenciennes
14 - Nancy
15 - Etienne
16 - Nice
17 - Caen
18 - Sochaux
19 - Brestois
20 - Arles
Back to top Go down
Share this post on: Excite BookmarksDiggRedditDel.icio.usGoogleLiveSlashdotNetscapeTechnoratiStumbleUponNewsvineFurlYahooSmarking

A Ligue One Story :: Comments

Re: A Ligue One Story
Post on 2011-01-03, 20:22 by I Vanquiish I
Erm Copy Much. Lol Anyway Good Luck in a Long and sometime Dull game. Especially when you have to offer like 50 People a contract in a row
Post on 2011-01-03, 20:25 by Jelly
GL with this Dan, may try myself in a league Wink haha!

KIU!
Post on 2011-01-04, 13:11 by Pringers
Good luck Dan, a great start here, let's hope you stick with it and get through it Smile
Post on 2011-01-05, 17:10 by Niko
Wow good luck Dan hope you dont get too bored with this.
Post on 2011-01-05, 18:30 by Narl
Great start Dan Wink

Try not to over excess this too much, otherwise the disease of boredom is always a threat... Laughing
Post on 2011-01-05, 18:35 by Dan
I'm not going to treat it like a chore, otherwise I won't want to do it, I'm playing it for fun Smile

The transfer market is going to be a very long one, so I hope you all stay with me until it's over.
Post on 2011-01-05, 19:39 by Pringers
@Dan wrote:
I'm not going to treat it like a chore, otherwise I won't want to do it, I'm playing it for fun Smile

The transfer market is going to be a very long one, so I hope you all stay with me until it's over.

I'm not going anywhere Dan, really looking forward to seeing how you do in France.
Post  by Sponsored content

A Ligue One Story

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 

Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
PimpmyFM :: Storybook-
Jump to:  
Designed by Vic Posher
Copyright © 2013 FMReporter.com All rights reserved.Forumotion.com | © phpBB | Free forum support | Contact | Report an abuse | Free forum